All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, March 31, 2006

Life Through the Eyes of a Three Year Old

So, it's been awhile since I've written and scrapped, since I've been very busy getting everything ready for our guests. I'm pleased to announce that my sister-in-law and little tiny niece are here! I was able to pick up my daughter's roll of film in my spare time :) , and the pictures are so interesting! What other way can you see the world literally through your child's eyes? One memorable picture is of her dad and I at our brick, the one he bought me with our names on it and the date of our wedding. It is also very strange to see myself as the subject in so many pictures! I'm usually the one TAKING the picture! Sure, many of them are tilted at an odd angle, and our heads might be chopped off completely in one or 2, but what's important is that it's her memories, recorded on film. There is one picture that really stood out to me. It's a close up of my chest, and at first that might seem like an automatic dud, but looking closer, I noticed the dogtag that I wear around my neck to remind me to pray for my brother. I started wearing it daily just days before she took the picture, because he is in the Army and had just gotten deployed while we were at Disney World. This is one picture that will be treasured, not for the quality of the photography, but for the time in my family's lives that was captured and held forever in that one, fuzzy picture.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment