All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, March 24, 2014

Kid Created Disney Autograph Books

          My son is especially interested in getting autographs from Disney characters, even playing at home that he is different characters and giving us his autograph. He even tries to talk in the different character's voices. He's hilarious. Getting autographs in a book was fun for both of my kids, but I wanted them to be able to make it their own, with the picture I took of them and the characters alongside it when it was all said and done. On our last visit to Disney World, I brought journaling blocks for the kids and some photo safe markers. An added bonus was that choosing the right color paper and pen for the character they were waiting in line to see made the time go a little faster. I had put stickers on some of the papers ahead of time, knowing that we would see certain "people".
         Once we were home from our trip and ready to reminisce, I got the pictures printed and bought them each their own photo safe tape runner. I had scrapbooks on hand that I got them years ago, not knowing what for. Next, I got out the Disney stickers. I have quite a collection of photo safe stickers, but I didn't let them go through my stuff, instead I gave them a few options to choose from, so they could still get what they wanted. My 11 year old daughter finished both her entire tape runner and  her photo album in one sitting. She didn't want to mat any of her pictures, or add anything. She felt that the autograph and the photo were enough. She may have added a few stickers, but not on every page. My 5 year old son however took 3-4 days to finish his album. He was very careful with his tape runner, and really like adding embellishments. He came up with some clever ideas, like adding an eye to an "M" for the Monsters Inc. monsters. The pages shown here are his  pages.
 I remember scrapbooking with my daughter at the same age, and I think she liked it a lot more then. Perhaps if I made it a regular activity, she would spend more time on it.
Another great thing about these albums was that it gave them someplace to put the extras they had gathered. There was a baseball type card from Wreck it Ralph & Vanellipe, and a bookmarker from Belle. These books truly are a scrapbook, because the pages aren't covered. (which isn't ideal, but as this isn't for posterity, it will suffice.) My little man enjoys looking through his album. It's something they put their own personal touch on that they can keep to remind them of their trip.
 
Products used: 
 
photos ordered online from York Photo
 
small scrapbooks from Ikea,
 
 stickers from various places, most bought at Downtown Disney World stores over the years
 
Creative Memories journal blocks and pens
(characters need thick pens so that they can grip them. However I did run into a few character handlers that wanted me to use their pen which wouldn't write on the costume. I just pushed for using my own photo safe pen & they let us.)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment