All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, March 27, 2009

Finding "me" time

I have been scrapbooking my son's album this week and I'm appreciating this desk that I can leave a scrapbooking mess on. In the past, I would scrapbook in the basement or years ago, upstairs! So, having my scrapbooking area set up so close to the action of the house is enabling me to get a lot more accomplished in the short time I have. The page I did last night contains one of my all time favorite pictures of my kids. I had it blown up to an 8x10 since I liked it so much because I wanted it to be a page of it's own. I decorated this page simply, using a quote sticker that I really liked from the Inspirations pack. (CM) I used a black pen to write my title, so that it would match. I drew the hearts freehand and then did something I don't normally do. I colored my finger and used it as a stamper to fill in the hearts. It gave them a soft, imperfect and personal feel.
When looking over all the pages I've done this week in my new son's book, this simple one was my favorite! I feel that most of the pages I've done this week are not that creative, and are pretty plain, as my goal is to get the pages completed. I have done a lot of journaling at this point, because I really wanted to write out the details of how we found out we were expecting him, his birth story and different things like that. I'm blessed to have saved one of the old baby boy kits from CM. It's now retired. I was tickled to find the baby boy sticker pack, still for sale on Creative Memories' website. They also have new baby packs, as well as new kids packs. I placed an order on the website and was pleased with how quickly they shipped it directly to me! Things are going to get accomplished now!
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment