All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Live, Love and Leave a Legacy


A friend of mine went to heaven this week. She was a mother, and not much older than I am. I find myself staring and thinking. It's hard to grasp the loss of her, since she was such a presence. I can still hear her laugh! She has left a giant Krissy sized hole, especially to her kids, who are in their young teens. Kris was an awesome scrapbooker. I enjoyed looking through her albums, as she had a gift. She was also very up to date on her kid's albums, even though she started scrapbooking I want to say less than 6 years ago. She has left countless memories in those books for her children, and they have already realized what a treasure that is. I have to say that this has been another life lesson on sharing your love, because you just never know how long you have left on earth to tell people how much they mean to you. I don't know how long I will have with my kids to leave an impression on them how important they are to God. I care that they have scrapbooks to enjoy now, and cherish later. I want to do my best at continuing that for them, so that they will have something that they can hold after I'm gone. It's something that will remind them how important they are to me.

I realize that this may be a bit of a downer, and I'm sorry. But while I'm sad, I'm also inspired and I hope that you will be inspired to create lasting memories for your kids, as well as capturing those memories in photos and laying them out like a story of your life that needs to be told.

Try to Scrap Happy!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:03 PM

    I'm so sorry to hear about that! ;*O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Alea. It was nice to sit with you today and grieve together.

    ReplyDelete