All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Step by Step Scrapbooking

I decided to take the day off today and scrapbook. I asked my husband yesterday if he would mind being in charge of the kids so I could. After church, and grocery shopping, Oh...and lunch, I finally sat down to scrapbook. As you may imagine, I was not able to scrap uninterrupted, but I still managed to get 5 pages done. The hardest part was just starting! While I scrapped, I thought of my blog, and took pictures of my work in progress. If you follow these simple steps, you can get your photos into albums eventually! 1. I lay out all my pictures on pages, to see how they fit and which pictures will go together.
2. I crop, usually just cutting off background things that take away from what I want the focus of the picture to be. If it distracts, it's out of there!

3. Now I go through my stickers and papers and pick out any that I think I may want to use on this page. I kind of get an idea of what I'm going to do either the step prior to this, or as I'm looking at embellishments. I usually chose my papers based on what my daughter is wearing in the photos. However, this is my daughter meeting my son, so I went all blue!!!


4. It's time to put it all together! I use my tape runner to secure the papers I've chosen and my photos to the page. Use enough tape so that the pictures won't move around. For a 4x6 photo, I like to use tape in 6 places.(as shown here.)



5. Paper and pictures are on. Now it's the fun part! Stickers!




6. You don't need too much. I just used a title sticker and pins. I used my pen to draw stitches around what will be my journalling block.





I dressed up my title sticker by punching out a circle of the dragonfly paper and putting it under the title sticker.






7. It is really important to journal. I like to save all my journalling for later. One quiet day, I just sit down and journal all the pages I have already scrapped. Sometimes it takes several days, but I like doing them all at once so I don't forget what I mentioned and end up repeating myself.
If I were to set aside an hour a day to scrapbook, I know I could catch up on my daughter's album .
Scrap Happy!







1 comment:

  1. Every time I look at your page I want to go home and scrap!!! I need a corner to dedicate to my scrapping stuff because I never like digging it all out and putting it away. I got some birthday money so I think I'm going to get some pics developed and get started. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete