All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, July 31, 2009

Princess Camp and scrapping

Last week was my 3rd Princess Camp. I started this from an idea my daughter had when she was 4 and now we have camp once a year. I always take a lot of pictures. I have a system where I clear my memory card before camp, so that I have enough room. I have learned a lot in 3 years of hosting camp, but I still make mistakes. This year, even my new rechargable batteries ran out and I didn't have my backups charged. I had to use regular batteries, which of course don't last as long. Although I had put my pre camp photos onto a disk, I hated to erase them and figured there would be enough rooom on my memory card. I ended up filling up my card during the photo shoot on Princess Dress up day! Then I ended up hurrying to clear my precamp photos while the girls waited to get their pics taken. Poor planning!

Besides that, it was a great week! A lot of planning, a lot of work, but worth it all! I had a lot of help. It seems like the longer I do this, the more help I have needed and received. I am very, very thankful.

Now that Princess Camp is over, I have a little more free time, and was able to catch up on the baby's album that I have for his professional pictures! The last time I went in to get pictures, we did over half of them in his diaper in their tub prop. They turned out so cute, that those are the ones I ended up getting! So much for the cute 4th of July outfit I brought him in! I was able to use bath stickers and make a really cute 2 page spread. It just so happens that I had paper that perfectly matched the background in the picture, so this is one of my favorite pages in a while. I would post it here, but it has his name in the title "Rub a dub.....in the tub!" and I'm funny about posting my kid's names online. I won't do it. I used up every bath sticker I had, bubbles galore. It was a lot of fun since I am usually a sticker miser.

I'm starting a princess camp digital album, and now to get caught up on the kids books! Whew! I took albums on our beach vacation once and got all caught up in the evenings after I put my daughter to bed. Unlike at home, I don't have a million things to do in the evening on vacation, and if I were going to choose the one thing I love to do, that's what it would be. So why not spend my vacation that way?!

Scrap Happy!

1 comment: