All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fly little one, Fly!

My kids
I just like this picture. It was taken without a flash.








Learning to ride
This is our shadows. Mine and my girl's.





So happy with herself as she rides without assistance!


Some very exciting things have been happening in my life! And no, I'm not talking about the Pens winning the Stanley Cup, although that was exciting, too! My little girl learned to ride a bike this very week! It was thrilling to watch her! I started out holding her, slowly switched to hover mode, and soon was running along after her, and now, I just stand on the street and watch for traffic so that I can verbally warn her to get off the street. This was a life lesson. While I wanted her to ride on her own, I was very nervous when she did. When she told me she wanted me to stop holding her, I knew she could do it, and I felt a thrill knowing that she was going to make it! It was very, very exciting.


The other excitement was my little boy trying food for the first time. I first gave him various fruits to gum as I held them. He has really seemed to like this, as well as the cereal he eats right up. I enjoy introducing him to the world. I like watching the fire crackers reflect in his eyes, and hearing him laugh his deep boy-giggle as I tickle his ribs. I love how he tries to catch the bubbles I blow for him, watching them with a serious look on his face. I have to be alert or he'll get his chubby hands into everything I get too close to him. I know that if he swings his pudgy fingers through the hot water as I'm watching dishes, he'll be burnt. But he doesn't know this. The hard part is letting him learn life's painful lessons. I want to protect my kids from everything, even though I know it isn't possible.


I have fallen dreadfully behind on my daughter's album. The other night, I stayed up and laid out all of her pictures onto pages so that I can start working on her album again. Today, I saw that more photos had come in the mail. ( I used York this time (free shipping deal) and wasn't impressed. I will be going back to Snapfish.) So, I said that seeing the pictures in my mailbox made me want to scrapbook all day instead of cleaning the house as I had planned. My daughter said that she knew what I would be doing while she was at her Gramma's! But I told her, " Just because that's what I WANT to do, doesn't mean I'll be doing it." I didn't get to scrapbook, but my house is cleaner :)
I want to take and post pictures of my work in progress as I design and complete album pages. I will start soon!
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment