All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Of guys and dolls

I love this picture. I can't tell you how hard it was to get it on my blog, so I won't, but that was the reason I am a week behind. In this picture, my children are laying on my chest, so I couldn't see what I was taking until after I took the digital picture. This is my second shot. The first one was just a bit high, so I cut a little off the tops of their heads, but I adjusted it and liked the result. The natural light from the window is above the kids, and I liked how the soft pinks and blues looked with my girl and boy. I'm amazed how much my son has already changed since this picture. His face is filled out now. I love to hold him.

I have not traditionally scrapbooked since my son was born a month ago. But truthfully, although I have been taking many, many pictures, they are usually of the baby, so I'm not too far behind in my daughter's album. I have been keeping up with his pictures, because I have been making an online album. It's easy to go on the computer and choose a page layout and the best pictures, and lay out several pages that way. Then when I have time, I go back and journal. I have already done over 20 pages in my online album.

I have also gotten the kids pictures taken professionally. I had my kids get photos in their Steelers jerseys and I framed one and gave it to my husband for Valentine's Day. I was actually able to keep it a secret! I think I saw tears in his eyes when he unwrapped it, yet he denies it. I had gotten our daughter's picture taken the last time the Steelers went to the Super Bowl, and he had mentioned once that we should get their pictures taken again since the Steelers made it to the Super Bowl. Anyway, they were cute pictures.

I took the baby to get his one month picture taken this week, and although he was crying, we did get several keepers. None of him smiling, but several of him with his eyes open. I had brought 2 outfits, which ended up being needed, as he spit up on his first one! I also kept a cloth at the ready. When choosing your professional pictures, make sure you look at the whole shot. I have noticed that just like an amateur, the photographers will sometimes cut off a hand or foot or have it off centered in a way that doesn't look natural. Also, the props that they use can tend to get dirty or stained over time, so watch as they are taking the pictures and be sure to say something at the time so that you don't regret it later. I learned that from experience!

Lately, my little guy has begun smiling even more, and getting a shot of his wide, gummy smile has been a fun accomplishment! He is making eye contact, and is getting fun to play with. His hair seems to be curly, and can even get kind of crazy. I love his baby coos and sweet smells. I enjoy him immensely!

Scrap Happy!

1 comment: