All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Representing!

I was contacted by my daughter's instructional supervisor telling me that my daughter was chosen to represent cyber schools in a yearly campaign of some kind. This campaign chooses students that have chosen an nontraditional method of schooling, be it private school, homeschooling or cyber school, and tells their story. So, I felt it was a huge honor for her to be chosen.
They typically send out a photographer to take pictures of the child in their school environment. This year, time was of the essence, so they told me the dates and times which happened to be the week we were already living through! None of the times worked for me, and there was some confusion with them asking us to drive out to Midland , PA (much too far away!). The person putting all of this together asked me if I knew a photographer in the area, and if not, the plan was to send someone from Midland out. The only issue still seemed to be time, as there was just a week left until the deadline. I sent her a few of my recent pictures and offered to take the photos if that would be easiest. So, she agreed, and these are a few of the dozen photos I sent in.

At first, my daughter was disappointed that a photographer wasn't going to be coming out. But I let her choose her own outfit, and I think she had as much fun posing for the pictures as I did taking them. We didn't have any arguments, and the lighting in our new addition was great!


I don't know if you'll see any of these pictures in a newspaper or postcard or anywhere else, but I'm pleased to say that I took them. My daughter is a beautiful girl and one of my 2 favorite people to photograph. She makes my job easy!



Scrap Happy!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:59 AM

    VERY nice!!!!! Hats off to you and especially Jaelyn!

    ReplyDelete