All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, July 13, 2009

Vacation

Last summer, we went on a vacation to California. Here are some of the photos, sideways and regular, of pages that I completed. No, these are not all of the pages I did! Not by a long shot!

Lombard Street : When getting photos here, I noticed that a lot of tourists were stopping and getting their picture taken at the very bottom of the street. In fact, I took a picture there as well. Once I did, I realized that you couldn't see the road at all hardly! So, we walked across the street and had our picture taken by another tourist. If you feel bad asking someone to take your picture, then just offer to take theirs. Usually, they will immediately offer the same. I wanted to put all of my photos of Lombard St. onto one page. How did I do that? Clever cropping! I drew my own wiggly road and used a wedding sticker for the car. Sometimes I crop my stickers to fit what I want. This is one of those times.

I'm trying to show the textured paper which I used to cover most of this page. I also had taken a pic of the street sign, and cut it out for the center of my page! (My placing of the road sign also cleverly blocked a bright, red "Wrong way/Do not Enter" sign that was at the bottom of Lombard.)

The Golden Gate Bridge: This was such an easy page! I didn't even use a sticker! I just used a page from a vacation pallet from CM, and wrote my title with two contrasting colored pens.



The Redwoods: I had PAGES of photos from the awesome redwoods. To keep them all tied together, and because I didn't have "redwood" themed stickers, I used natural pages, and some vellum with leaves on it. I have had this vellum literally for years. I had no idea what to use it for until this. It pays to hang on to your papers. On each page, I didn't use much else, just leaf stickers, and I matted pictures here and there. I fixed up this title, by using a tag sticker, cutting a green paper "leaf" and putting a title sticker over it all.



The Beach: This focuses on a page element, rather than the whole page. I added some letters, stickers and embroidery floss to this tag sticker to make my title.




Here is another pic of a redwood page. Very simple. Simple gets pages completed! Remember that! "Simple Pages, Completed albums."



Scrap Happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment