All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, November 29, 2010

Baking up Both Pages and Cookies

My kids enjoying the Christmas Cookies I made

I'm still trying to get all caught up on my daughter's album. Although I have been working hard, I'm not sure I'll be caught up to this Fall in her books by the time we leave for vacation. Christmas has pushed it's way up to the front of my thoughts as well. I received a new camera as an early Christmas present and I have a lot to learn about it. I already like that it takes pictures with a flash, as my old camera was not doing too well taking indoor photos this entire year. With my Canon, I could tilt the camera and the photo would change from horizontal to verticle, making it best for reviewing your pictures. But my Panasonic doesn't. :( I'm not used to all the buttons yet, but I'll get there.

I am currently scrapbooking photos of the spring. I did 23 pages on Saturday! I repeat the phrase, "Simple pages, Completed albums" when I find myself dawdling or trying to create something too complicated, as I tend to do.

Tip of the Day: Don't be afraid to use your pictures as embellishments instead of stickers. For example: I took pictures of the eggs my kids dyed and punched the photos with a small square punch. I made a border of yellow paper and stuck the egg squares down the center of the strip. I have also used my daugher's art, her chosen pumpkin, flowers at a park or even animals we saw. It's hard to find the right sticker sometimes, but your pictures will be sure to match. You can always cut something out of paper. While it definately will take longer thatn slappin on a sticker, paper embellishments are unique and you can choose the exact color to match your photos or page design as well.

Scrap Happy!

3 comments:

  1. These matches perfectly. You're incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the work of all people who share information with others. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete