All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The good, the bad, and scrapbooking

Our last day of the tripday 3 of being bitten

2nd to last day, unable to keep anything down



I have been scrapbooking an awful lot. I haven't been completing my 7 pages a day lately because I found that the only way to do that was to stay up very late at night and I was getting exhausted and grumpy. So, I have been doing what I can. I finished my daughter's Disney vacation from last year (taking up 1 1/2 albums) This vacation contained some of the hardest pages for me to scrapbook. It was that reason that I had trouble getting through it. We had a rough time on our vacation last year, having bed bugs for a week. My daughter was bitten the longest and had the worst effect from it, so it was difficult to scrapbook and journal about that. I know things could be worse, but while I'm mindful of that, it doesn't make it any easier!



Today marks a year since we first found the bite marks on her and began the week (and a day) of misery. It was fitting that I sat down with her tonight and read her the just completed scrapbook for the first time. I usually try to keep things positive in my kid's albums. This time, I did something that I haven't done before. I told the story of our vacation as I always do, including some of the bad, but not all, and then on the last page, I typed out the story from my point of view. I wrote honestly and included every detail I hadn't added previously. At the end of it, I really stressed to my daughter that in life, bad times do happen and that I hoped that she would remember that there were good memories made as well. As I finished reading it to her, she leaned back against me and smiled. Her eyes were a little wet, but she didn't say a word.
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment