All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Tips on Hiding your Imperfections

Just as I hide my son't too long hair under a hat, I find the need to disguise or hide things in my scrapbooking.


Hiding imperfections using black and white /Sepia. On this page, (above) I used Sepia to bring the focus on Snow white and my daughter. There are several people in the background and they could be distracting. I felt that the Sepia gave this a classic feel. I sometimes change the shade to B& W or sepia if I'm trying to hide the fact that there is too much light in a picture. I had a photo of my daughter from a night time parade that was too washed out. When I changed it to Black and white, you couldn't tell.


Cover the flab! I purposely covered my belly with the giant blue hat when I put this page together. There's nothing wrong with that!
Red eyes: I don't use fancy photo correction tools, just the ones that come on my free picture sights such as Snapfish and York. (Both are the same set up) But I don't think that the red eye correction works well, so I don't use it. Instead, I use a red eye pen from CM. You might not feel like it's doing anything, but just dab the eye carefully and gently and you will see a change.


Journalling mistakes: I hate when I make a mistake when journalling! Sometimes I cover up my mistake with a cleverly placed sticker. I also have plain cover up stickers that match my pages from CM. Sometimes, I'll move a photo down a little bit to cover an "oops!" If you are writing on black with one of the pens from CM especially designed to write on black, you are usually able to use an eraser to fix your ill placed mark. It's also OK to leave your mistakes. It shows that you are human, and it shows the kids that you handwrote in the album. In todays age, that is becoming more and more rare.
ScrapHappy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment