All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Everybody loves school pictures!

Actually, I am embarrassed by most of my school pictures. But my daughter's school pics so far have been so cute! I haven't gotten to scrap this year's yet. We had fun bringing props! She wanted her pink poodle and it ended up being an adorable addition.
I bring props for several reasons. The ones that the studio provides are often worn and tacky. I'm sure they're covered in germs as well. Yuck! But really, I like my props to be realistic. Bring things they like, such as their favorite pen or pencil. I always bring my daughter's bookbag, and the books she really uses that year. Another plus to bringing your own props is that you can compliment what your kid is wearing.
As always when bringing props, remember that you are there to get pictures of your kiddo, so don't get hung up on having to order a picture just because it has that prop you lugged in. I brought a manger scene and Christmas cookies along with a mug (among other things) to my daughter's Christmas pictures last year. But I just wasn't loving the pictures that they were in, so I opted not to get them. I'll bring them again this year.
Kindergarten was the first year I could add school pictures to the list of professional pictures I get taken throughout the year. Since we homeschool, my daughter isn't getting her picture taken at school, so I can take her anywhere. I was so happy with these pictures, that I had to buy most of the poses! When it came time to design the pages for these precious photos, I chose a soft pink backround. As you know, I'm a think outside the box person, or I try to be, so this backround paper is actually from a baby girl kit . It's the back of pages with prompts on them for journalling baby's first year. I bought the paper pack because I use a lot of pink, and I liked the colors in this pack. I have also bought the "I Do" paper pack for the same reason, I knew the pastels would look good in my daughter's book, and I figured I'd eventually find a use for the stickers. I actually have already used some of them on my cruise pages. But... I digress!




I want a memory of how she writes her name each year, so I have her write her name on a tag to include with her school pictures. ( I had her do this before I stuck the tag in the book in order to be sure she didn't accidently write on the page!) My mom did this with me when I was little, and it is amazing to watch handwriting change from year to year. Be sure to include the name of their school and their grade. You might also want to add their age. I also used letter stickers to personalize a tag sticker with the school year. The close up of my daughter's hands clasped in front of her was taken by me in the parking lot as soon as we left the studio. The photographer had taken this shot, and I loved it, but no way was I going to pay for a sheet of this picture. I bought them by the sheet, so I had to figure out how many wallets and other sizes I needed to send to all the relatives and I couldn't think of anyone but myself that would want a picture of a close up of my daughter's hands!



Scrap happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment