All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall back into scrapbooking

Once you put scrapbooking at the bottom of your list, it can be so hard to get back into it!

Here is my advice: Don't overwhelm yourself by thinking you need to sit down and start a big project. Start with an achievable goal. Take those envelopes full of pictures out when you are watching TV one night and try to put them into order. The next step is to bring out a tray table and your cutting tools and crop some photos. This could be a different day entirely. Just doing this will get your feet going in the right direction, and you'll be back creating amazing pages in no time!

I like to pull out some of the books I've made and look through them. This often will give me a craving for scrapbooking!

Now, I'm not bragging, but I have been scrapbooking. I am working on my daughter's science and art fair pages from last spring. I'm doing all of my scrapbooking at night, when the kids are asleep. I had laid these pages out months ago and it feels so great to be down to the last few pages I have laid out! WAIT! Before you think that means I'll be caught up........(OH! Sorry, I had to catch my breathe as I was laughing so hard I nearly passed out!) Yeah, I have a long, long way to go until I'm caught up! When I get done with these pages I have laid out, I am going to lay out more pictures on more pages. I'll fill this power layout box up twice more before I am caught up with the pictures I have printed out right now.

That said, I know I take too many pictures, but the other day my 7 year old sat for HOURS and looked through the albums I have made for her. I know that seeing pictures of herself lovingly displayed gives her a sense of how much I love her.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment