All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, October 19, 2009

They Don't Make Stickers for That

After I put my kids to bed at night, I often sneak into the schoolroom, where my desk is so covered with scrapbooking supplies all within easy reach. Some nights, I only get 2 pages done, because I'm not inspired or I'm making them far too detailed! But other nights, I can get 5 pages done. There's nothing like an upcoming vacation to make me dedicated to completing my kid's albums!
You just can't find stickers for some of the things I scrapbook! For instance, these pages I have posted are ones that I did in my recent ongoing scrapbooking marathon. Early last spring, we had some bad weather, which blew over one of the 2 massive pine trees in our back yard. We needed to have it taken out and decided to have the other one taken out as well, because if it were to fall over, it probably would have fallen on our house. It was leaning that way already. It was so much fun to watch the men take the trees out with their huge equipment. We even called our friends/ neighbors to come over and watch. The kids loved running from window to window to watch the crane take the huge hunks of pine branches over the house! My daughter even took notes. She also named each of the men names such as "the pirate". The pages above actually go after the pages below.
I used a picture she had drawn of the Pirate climbing the tree. I scanned it onto acid free paper before placing the copy in her album. I also included the note she wrote and taped to the window for them not to take the wood. I thought that was pretty cute. Thankfully, they did take the wood! I had to go through my Christmas stuff to find the pine stickers and for the stand of pine trees. I cut the group of pine trees out of a journaling block. I used the pink gingham to mat the picture of my daughter because A. it's checks reminded me of lumberjacks! B. The pink matched my daughter's shirt. Above: I included the paper my daughter wrote on the experience from her point of view.

Below:
Punches often save me when it comes to embellishing pages that don't have stickers to go with them. In this case, I used the paisley punch (Maker from Creative memories) and made half of pine trees. Since the paisley pines take up more of the page than a usual border, I found that I didn't have enough room to journal. I didn't want to completely give up any of my pictures and that's why I chose to put a piece of vellum over the one photo. I titled it with letter stickers and I will write on the vellum at a later time.
Here is a close up of the paisley tree, which I made just by punching a whole bunch of paisleys and overlapping them, cutting the edges straight and adhering them to the page with the Creative Memories glue pen. Notice my journaling block?


I can hardly believe I took enough pictures for 2 two page spreads, but it was a big day for us! I actually took a lot more pictures, but didn't get them all printed. I had taken pictures of my daughter with each tree before it was cut down, and that's why I wanted to end the story with the picture of her and her friend standing on top of the logs. Be creative! Use that paper! And Scrap Happy!



2 comments:

  1. I love the tree you made!!!

    I've done a TON of pages lately but need to order a refill for my tape runner and hate paying shipping on CM stuff. The other ones I'm buying I've not been happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:06 PM

    One day when I get up there for a visit I'm gonna have to sit down for a few hours and look at all the awesome scrapbooks you have made!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete