All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

As if I need another excuse to take pictures!

Last summer, I wrote a princess story specifically for each girl who attended Princess Camp. On the day of the photo shoot, I tried to take pictures that would go with the story I had written them. The last day of camp, I gave each of them photos that I had taken that week, some posed and some random shots and let them scrapbook their personalized books. Are you following me? I have since changed all 15 of the princess stories on my computer, putting my daughter's information in to make them HER stories and have created a collaboration of all of them for her to have. Now I just needed the pictures to go with the stories! The picture above is from the "Candy Princess" and the picture below is from "The Island Princess. " It has taken quite some time to personalize the stories, print them ( I ran out of ink!) and take all of these pictures to go with them! But right now, I'm actually taking a break from putting all of the stories into plastic sleeves and into a folder. So, I'm getting there.

Having just had a new baby, it was harder to find the time to do these things, but it was really nice to have that special time with my daughter, getting her dressed to match the story and having little photo shoots here and there. Today she wrote me a short little note (on toilet paper!) thanking me for making the book for her. I bought her some princess scrapbooking supplies, and intend on letting her have free reign designing pages for the pictures we will insert in the non-photo safe plastic folders. I'm hoping that she can scrapbook at her desk, while I am right nearby, catching up on her album! I'm sure we'll be reading these stories at bedtime for a few years to come!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! You're wonder woman Alea! When are you coming back to NEXUS??

    ReplyDelete