All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Basketful of Clean Baby

Babies smell so good! I don't know if it's the special baby shampoo, the fact that they eat nothing but milk, or that they are so pure and sweet, but they smell delicious! When I hold my little man, his soft hair is just at the right level for my nose to smell, and for my lips to kiss him on the top of his bobbing little head.

I enjoyed my daughter as a baby. I still do. She's six, but since she has been sick, I am transfixed by her tiny little woman hands. When did they lose their chubbiness? When did her fingers get so long and slender? Since the baby, I find myself amazed by the fact that her legs seem to stretch on and on and her head is gigantic now, compared to my new baby boy. When did this happen? Until he was born 2 months ago, she was my baby! Now, she suddenly seems so grown up! You can see this in pictures where she is proudly holding her brother. I see it in daily life. She no longer calls me when she is going to get sick, she merely reaches for her basin. She answers the phone, doesn't expect me to check on her after I've put her to bed, and only needs help washing her long hair in the shower. I can casually suggest things to wear, but the days of my choosing her outfits are long over, even for family pictures.

I was so excited to get the pictures I ordered in the mail yesterday. Now I have pictures to scrap for my daughter's album. Exciting pictures of her becoming a big sister, and our giant pine trees being chopped down, our super bowl party and Valentine's day. I look forward to making fun pages for her to look at again and again. I love scrapbooking, duh! So I look forward to that aspect of it as well. But all of this is for her to remember how important she is to her daddy and I. I guess a big part of it is also for me to remember her as she was when she was still my baby, my little girl and soon to be a little lady.

Scrap Happy!

1 comment: