All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, May 01, 2009

meet my friend, Mr. Camera

My little guy has certainly gotten used to seeing a camera in front of his face. He's 3 1/2 months old, but he's met Mr. Camera! When you meet someone, you don't know anything about them. The more time you spend with them, the more you know them, right? It's the same way with your camera. You learn to use it by taking pictures. I often take picture after picture, just to see what lighting is best, or trying out different settings on my camera. In the above picture, I thought there was a little too much light from the sky, and the lighting also made my son have too much shade under his hat.
So, I got down a little lower, just a tad, enough to see under that hat. But this time, I used the flash. While it filled in the shadow from the hat, it made his drooly little face quite shiny.


Fast forward several more shots, and now I have turned my subject so that there is a flowering tree and less open sky. The background is crowded, and my boy looks like he's asking, "What is that thing in front of your face, Mommy?" However, it's the lighting I'm playing with today, and now it's how I want it, so I'm happy. I'll never get these pictures printed anyway, they are just teaching me. But it's fun to learn!
Scrap Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:54 PM

    I love his drooly little face.

    ReplyDelete