All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, May 15, 2009

Memorabilia

I first want to apologize that most of these pictures are sideways. Blame Blogspot! That said, I don't have time to mess with them, so tilt your head sideways a little and you should be fine!
I don't save everything, but there are little things that I want to keep in my daughter's scrapbook, and there are several ways to do this. Above is a page I did of our trip to Disneyland. I wanted to show off our cute little daily passes, so I laid them out on the side of the page. In the mickey punch, I wrote which pass was whose. I also made a neat shaped pocket for our fantasmic passes. We saved our cute driver's licences because that's something you don't get at Disney World. I also included a picture of us since this is the final page in the book.

The pages above show my daughter's birthday invitation (I always save one) and some of the decorations. (part of her pinata and some streamers.) This is the first time I saved decorations in an album. I just added it right to a CM page. With Creative memories, you can add things like this to the page because their pages are buffered and that stops the acid and lingin from traveling to photos that might be on the same page. That said, on the page below, I didn't want to include the actual invitation to my daughter's graduation because they smelled so strongly and also had glitter on them. I don't like mixing glitter with photos. So I scanned and printed the invitation onto scrapbooking paper. It looks just like the original.

On the picture below, I wanted to include a "baseball card" , so I made a little pocket out of a sticker packet. Creative Memories sticker packets are supposedly photo safe, so I use them to keep little things in.


Here is yet another idea on how to make a pocket for brochures and things. I used an alphabet sticker packet and cut it into a large pocket. I put this right on a page and covered it with a page protector. To dress up the sticker packet pocket (try saying that 3 times!) I simply added some stickers to it.


Here is another example of a sticker packet as a pocket. This way, if I need to get this program out to look something up, I can. Before I put the program in this album, I scanned and printed the song title and list of the girls dancing with my daughter onto bright pink, photo safe paper to add to the pages of her dancing. The bright pink was so that it would match the page design I had for her dance pages.


One more way to hold your tickets or other small things, is just to adhere them directly onto the page, as I did with this circus ticket. I can only recommend that if you are using a CM album though.




Creative Memories used to sell big pages (good for certificates and drawings) and also pocket pages (which I liked for birthday cards and brochures.) You still may be able to find them online. Before Ebay, I would check the CM website under clearance or while supplies last. Pictures of portrait pages and pocket pages are shown below.



I hope this has encouraged you to keep those small tokens that will fit into an album. It can be hard to know how to contain them, but with a little thought, you can!
Scrap Happy!









1 comment:

  1. I love your pages! I'm always motivated to scrap when I look at your posts! Thanks Alea!

    ReplyDelete