All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Scavenger Hunt

It's spring! The kids are enjoying the nice weather and I am loving the brilliant colors of the flowers and scents of the trees as they blossom!
A tree God gave me, right by the deck. It just appeared in our yard one year and has grown into a beautiful sight.

I was actually just checking to see if my camera was still working since I had dropped it! That's why I took the pics without my kids in them.

I don't actually have any pictures of the scavenger hunt because I used a new memory card and my computer won't even work if it's in it! Weird!

I think it's important for parents and kids to have fun one on one. Especially if there are other siblings. I also like to do fun things for my daughter and I have a heart for kids her age. As she grows, I like each new age so much! This is why it might seem like I am always planning an activity, class or party. It seems like that because I am!

A few Sundays ago, I arranged a hunt for kids and parents. It was in my little town and the "hunters" had to be from here as well. It was only for specific 1st and 2nd graders, whom I invited.(My daughter's friends) The teams were 1 parent and one kiddo. We started the hunt at my house. I made a list of places or things to find. All of them were in town. The goal was to find as many of them as you could in 2 hours and take a picture of each place or item on the list. I also was specific sometimes, saying that certain things neede to be in the picture. One of the people on your team had to be in the picture, unless the rules made an exception. 2 of the pictures had to have both of your team members in it. You could earn bonus points for certain things, such as if you were eating a dessert in a certain photo.

It ended up being a rainy and chilly day. But I think that both the kids and their parents had a good time. Thankfully, I had a clear winner. The first team to check in had all of the pictures they needed, except one extra credit picture. They were at the finish line so much earlier than all the other teams, that when the rain let up, I encouraged them to go out and try to get that last picture, which they could get from my yard! They did, and it gave them the points they needed to be unbeatable! My husband and daughter came in 2nd. They couldn't find the elusive purple rock!

As teams came in, I went through their pictures on the digital cameras with my list beside me and made tally marks. It was fun to see the different things people had found, some were different than the one I had seen, but still correct!

This was an easy thing to put together. I just kept my eyes peeled for unusual things or things that might only be known by people who live here. Then I made a list on the computer, invited everyone by phone, and sent them on their way. I only wish I could have been there, too! I keep asking my daughter how they found this thing, or which one of you knew that it was in the window?

Scrap Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment