All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, June 17, 2007

High School Musical


Aren't they cute? Yeah, but that's not the real reason I am putting these pictures up here today. It's obvious that these pictures were taken at the same event! I have some tips for you, in reference to taking pictures at a show just like this one.

Tip #1 Notice in picture #1 that the kids are all looking at the other camera? Make sure you hve everone's attention when taking a picture. I know this can be difficult with group shots, especially when kids are involved! Tell them to look and see if they can see through the camera at your eye, or some other strange thing, that will make them smile and look directly at the camera.

Tip #2 As I keep preaching, it's always best if the photographer is higher than the subject

Tip #3 In this case, I stood on the stairs to take my picture because I wanted most of the stage curtain in the background. In shot #1, the kids block the curtain.

Tip #4 They don't like you to take pics during the show. these were taken at intermission. Plot you pics out ahead of time, so that when the time comes to take the picture you aren't wandering around, wasting time, looking for the shot.

Tip #5 I didn't show it here, but I also took pictures of the kids in their seats before the show, and pictures at the very end, when the whole cast of the show was bowing. Another cute picture would be outside, in front of the poster showing the show that is being performed, or in front of the theater.

Tip #6 Thanks to a friend in the know, we found out that we could wait out back and get autographs and pictures with the cast after the show! The kids loved this, and I never thought to do it before!

Tip#7 Keep your program and tickets for the album, too!

As for the show, it was awesome! We all had such a good time, and it was different from the movie, which was cool, at least the changes made in the second half. My favorite thing was that the 2 main characters finally kiss in the end! That's something that differs from the movie as well, and I always felt that gap! It really was a blast!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment