All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

School Picture Day



I took my daughter to get her picture taken the other day. School photos! We are homeschooling, so I get to pick the company that takes my daughter's pictures! Just an added treat! I love the way they turned out. Something new they are doing is taking close ups so that they can use them in a sort of picture collage. They took a close up of her hands pointing to the globe, her hands folded in front of her, (I loved this because it showed a close up of her shirt and jeans, which I had carefully picked out for her to wear) and other close ups of that nature. I loved the idea of showcasing certain elements like that! I couldn't see paying for the close up of her shirt and pants, but I did take the very same picture in the parking lot as soon as we left!






Tip of the Day: Did you know that at most picture places you can bring your own props? I have been doing this more and more. I used to hate props in pictures because they didn't mean anything! Plus, they often are old and cheap looking, having been chewed on and played with by hundereds of other kids. I still think that some occasions don't need props. You don't want to take away from the outfit or person in the picture. You simply want to enhance. You also might want to write down pictures that you want the photographer to get.



Some examples of props I brought:



boy and girl picture: a live, fresh rose when my daughter and Daniel had their pic taken together



Kindergarten: I brought her school books, new backback, a fun, feathery pen, an apple and the globe



Easter: a giant basket I have that my girl can still fit in, her Easter basket, a marshmellow chick, a new stuffed bunny and a crystal cross



Christmas: a candy cane

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:59 PM

    you are so creative!
    What great ideas.

    ReplyDelete