All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Skyline

Everytime we drive into town, I think about how beautiful the skyline is. Even having been to New York, I still think our city competes. In fact, I was amazed how familiar New York City felt. It WAS much bigger, but it really reminded me of Pittsburgh. I like the city. I wouldn't want to live there, but it's exciting to visit. I love the archictecture of the tall buildings and the way the lights shine. It's cool to see the stadiums and be reminded of concerts and games we saw there. I always look for the saxaphone player on the bridge near PNC Park. Even though the river is brown, it's still special to walk along the brick path right next to it. It's fun to watch the boats on a sunny day, and I especially like to catch a glimpse of the Gateway Clipper. One of my husband and my first dates was on that boat! I think it's awesome that we have inclines, and that we have so many bridges. I'm proud of our city. Proud of the towering buildings, the teams, and the fact that you can see broadway shows so close to home. My favorite sight of the city is when I'm coming home from a long trip and see it appear suddenly when I come through the tunnel! It's always a thrill, and a reminder that I'm almost home.

I've taken pictures of my city before. Usually from the top of Mount Washington, because everyone around here knows that's the best view. But this shot was different. It was just getting dark, and we were riding across one of the overpasses, in our truck, moving quickly when I snapped this shot. I didn't have time to take any more. Thankfully, I didn't need to. I love it.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment