All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas memories


I took a lot of pictures on Christmas. Even though I still hope to scrapbook them before the baby comes, I couldn't help but take a lot. I didn't feel like I was getting very many good ones, but I kept clicking away anyhow. I have really missed scrapping! I always have plenty to do, but when I think I should sit and take a break, I feel sad that there aren't any pictures to scrap. It's like my daughter said to me the other day, " My heart feels better inside when I'm playing instead of just watching T.V." I feel the same way! I feel like I'm wasting my life when I watch TV, but I feel like I'm accomplishing something when I am scrapbooking.


We had friends come over today that we haven't seen in 3 years! They were home for the holidays and we just sat around talking. While my daughter played a game with Ken, his wife patiently sat and looked through one of my daughter's albums. We were able to show them the page I did from their wedding. My daughter had no memory of them, and that's why we brought out the album, hoping to jog her memory. It didn't work, but it was nice to see how good I looked 3 years ago! Ah, my adorable short haircut, beautiful dress, tan and a tiny belly....lots different from my basketball tummy and sloppily pulled up hair, oversized sweatshirt and a pair of my husband's pajamas. Yes, sadly, that's how I looked today when they came to visit! I still have the pictures to remind me what I was like and to inspire me for the future!
Tip of the Day: My daughter has 20 albums. When I was looking through the albums to find my friend's wedding pictures, it really helped that I had the dates inside the front of the album. On the inside of Creative memories albums, it has lines on the inside of the album cover. I have written my daughter's name, which book it is, and the dates of the pictures inside, such as May 2007-July 2007. You can also spring for a little bookmarker made of metal ( I think they have silver and gold) which showcases a little frame that will hang over the binding. You could place either a picture or a date in there. I think these are around $10. Another option is to send the binding away to get printed and personalized. This would definately be the easiest labeling option, but it isn't cheap, since you need to pay for shipping and handling as well as the printing. I've done this for a friend, and it really does look classy!
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment