All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Border of Pearls

I am always trying to find new ways to decorate my pages. This string of pearls wasn't all that challenging. Here's how to make it. Punch out the beads with a circle punch. Use the wavy trimmer, and cut a very thin strip of paper to string them on. Use a heavier paper, not the thin paper, which will tear if you try to cut it in a tiny strip with the trimmer.
Using the sharp point of one of the blades from my cutting system, I poked one slit in each pearl.


Then I simply strung the pearls on my "thread", and used tape runner on each one to secure it on the page. An observant scrapbooker might have noticed that the pearls curl at the top. This is because I wanted my necklace to look just a bit different than the wavy trimmer pattern, so I cut my silver thread a bit short and just layered the beads to roll off the top of the page. I didn't need the "thread" as the pearls were closer together.


Remember what we are celebrating!

Scrap Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment