All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, March 01, 2008

February Flu

My sick girl last Saturday
She was all curled up in a ball, looking so tiny on the couch, and I was trying to capture my feelings for the moment.
It's so sad when your kids are sick. On this day, She was so tired, and so sick. She just seemed so tiny and frail, and so like a baby. I have pictures of her sick from last February , too. In taking these pictures, I really was trying to capture this from MY point of view. I had been sitting net to her on the couch, in that blank spot, just watching her. When she fell asleep, I snuck to get the camera, and took these shots without the flash, because I didn't want to wake her and knew that the light from the window would be sufficient. I took a shot looking down on her, which I didn't put here, but while it was adorable, it wasn't the view I had wanted to capture. So, I sat back down on my side of the loveseat to take pic #1. #3 was the picture that showed how I felt, to see her there on the loveseat, all balled up, so small. Picture #2 was cute, but it didn't capture these feelings, her smallness.





I'm always trying to become a better photographer. I take a lot of pictures that I never plan to print, now that I have a digital. It can be hard to capture something that you see. When I was on the cruise, I had taken my daughter to a crowded reading of the "Night before Christmas". I had her squeeze through the parents to go sit on the floor with the other kids, but could see that I wasn't going to get close enough to get her picture. I looked up at the ceiling, specifically at the huge glass chandelier, and there was the reflection of what was taking place on the floor! I tried to capture that, but it didn't really work. My point is that I tried. I like to spend waiting time playing with my camera. Learning about it. I tell my daughter that mommies and daddies might not look like they have toys, but we do. My camera is my favorite toy!



Read the blog below, too. It's new.





Scrap Happy!

1 comment: