All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch layouts (part 1)

What I like about this page layout is mostly the pictures. I used pumpkin orange paper for these pages, which you will see isn't my norm. In the top left hand corner, I matted my picture from on top, cutting the lined part out of a journal block. I also cut my daughter in a silhouette sitting on her pumpkin. I like that i took a picture of her pumpkin all by itself.
Don't underestimate the outfit you have your child wear! This yellow sweater was chosen not just for it's warmth, but for the way I knew it would look next to the pumpkins and straw! For the page above, I used a natural page and used a paper apple embellishment I'd gotten from Croptoberfest to go across the top of the page.

The polka dots on this page might be pastel, but they match perfectly with my daughter's sweater, as well of the fun lightness of the day! I used horseshoe stickers in each corner of the pony picture to draw your eye to it.



I seriously plan my daughter's outfit more carefully for the pumpkin patch than for other activities throughout the year! I love the pumpkin patch, because I always get the greatest pictures! I don't know if it's the time of year, the background or what. Notice that I used orange alphabet stickers right on my picture. I helped to draw them out by using black letters underneath making a "shadow". I also matted my favorite picture on the page with the orange paper, and used a strip of this same paper as a thin border for both pages in this 2 page spread.


We have made going to the pumpkin patch our tradition for the last few years. Of course, we go to the same one, early in October or late in September, so that it's still warm. We like to get a carmel apple, take the hayride to the pumpkin patch, and let our daughter choose an overpriced pumpkin, which is worth it, just because we get to take it from the field. We always take home a jug of Cider, sweet memories and a lot of pictures!
My blog next week will include more pumpkin patch layouts. I like to make my layouts different from year to year, and that can be difficult because I usually use only Creative Memories products. One way to get cute products that change from year to year is by going to Croptoberfest, a fall, all day scrapbooking fest. Included in your fee are little fall themed page embellishments, and there are usually exclusive fall items that you can buy then that won't be available other times. I missed Croptoberfest this year, but I'll point out some of the products I've gotten there on my page layouts. Lately, Creative Memories has also been putting out sticker sheets for each power pallet it comes up with. This is nice because you can get the fall stickers and they will all look different. it gives us more of a variety! For instance, you could order the fall stickers from the jewel pack and the pastel pack, and they will be different. Some people don't realize that you can order just the fall pack, you don't need to order the entire power pallet. However, if you order the whole pallet are you will always have paper to match your stickers.


Scrap Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment