All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, September 18, 2006

Be a Star!


I'm working on the 4th of July weekend. No, this isn't an old blog you're reading, it's brand new! What I mean is that I'm working on the pages of the fun things we did that weekend! I feel like I'm pretty much out of ideas of patriotic pages. But you never know when something you have seen or read somewhere will pop into your head and you will have your page layout! My inspiration came from the last crop talk I gave at my last workshop! At the time, I really liked this border they showed, made completely out of punched stars. With the 2 makers, there are 4 different sizes of stars to choose from and if you use the green micro maker, that gives you another style of star to choose from. So armed with the makers, I set about punching out stars using several different shades of red and blue, and plain vellum. I used scraps, too, so that was an added bonus. I then layered them in red, white and blue on the borders of 5 pages. Then I laid my pictures out and stuck some of the extra stars in the bare spaces as decoration. I am pleased with the finished result. It is close to an idea I used last 4th of July, but not identicle, so I think I can get away with it.

Tip of the Day: When you are doing something like this, (mixing red, white and blue) don't just pick out your paper based on color name alone. All of your different shades of blue should be in the same family. They should be cohesive, harmonizing, just like you want your family to be! If you use reds that clash with one another, it is taking away from your precious pictures. The thing that took me the longest was picking out several shades of red that would look good together, as well as fit my vision for the page, which was somewhat vintage, darker hues. I wanted my pages to look timeless. If you aren't sure if a shade works well with the others, don't risk using it!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment