All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Red, White and Blue


It was workshop night last night, which means I actually got to scrapbook without feeling guilty that I wasn't washing clothes or dishes or cleaning anything! We had a nice little group of us, and it was business as usual, everyone adding ideas when asked, and small talk getting passed around with the peanutbutter cookies. We are somewhat like a support group of sorts, listening to each other's stories and venting about work. One of us, who spent most of the evening sorting her pictures, got so much joy from them, that she would randomly burst into laughter! We then pass the picture around as she explains the laughter. Those are the things you don't even need to journal, the sunglasses, the pointing at the bum, the weird expressions you see as a sibling looks at your album. Thanks for sharing! :)

I finished the 4th of July, with one minor bump! I skipped a page and didn't want to take the stickers off of the completed page, so I had to do one page out of order. That kind of thing drives me crazy. But it really doesn't matter in the long run, right?

Tip of the day: Patriotic page idea
I quartered a page using dark blue and red and cream checkered squares. I matted my center picture with a complimentary red and used copper to journal. It really seemed to give it a 4th of July BBQ feel to the page. My biggest problem turned out to be the title. I couldn't find letter stickers in a shade that would work, and the copper wasn't really what I wanted either. Oh, well. That's what happens when you are working with two strong colors.


Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment