All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, September 01, 2006

Did I complete my goal !?!

I'm home from the beach! The weather was terrible, thanks to Ernesto. But I am happy to report that I finished journaling my cruise while I was there! Yay! Now, I am putting the last touches on it, checking some words I wasn't sure how to spell ( I forgot my dictionary !) and putting the page protectors on the pages. It is such a good feeling to be done with it! I was starting to forget things, and now I can look back at my album when I start to forget what I had for dinner at Palo, and which day we spent at Cozumel.
If you remember, I was also hoping to complete the journaling of our Disney trip from last November. Truthfully, I didn't even open that side of the bag! I was biting off more than I could chew hoping I could complete both! I am glad that I finished the Disney trip's pages in time to take them to the beach, and I'm very happy with the journaling I was able to complete!

Tips of the Day: Knowing I was going to be journaling the cruise, I wanted to take all of my notes, the pages of our passporter (a book we wrote in daily) and things like the Navigator (which we recieved nightly telling us about the next day's activities) and maps of the islands. These are things I wanted to save and will eventually put in my album in portrait pages. To keep everything orderly, I used a file mate. I simply put them in the file mate to keep them in one place as we traveled. It worked perfectly! I'd recommend it!

Another thing I did, was bring along a pack of post it notes. When I knew I would have to look something up later on, I wrote a short note, " date?", "spelling? (and then the word I was unsure of) " ,"name of Will's horse?"and "how many times?". Just enough to trigger my memory. This way, when I leaf back through, putting page protectors on, I can find the spots I missed easily. Watch that you don't put the sticky part on a photo. Don't leave it on a page for a prolonged period of time, either!
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment