All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Cruisin' along!

I had a long night of scrapping the other night. My friend came over and I got so many pages done from my cruise! I had been having trouble starting it, so it was a great relief to actually get over that hurdle! Once I got started, I didn't want to stop! Even after she left, early in the morning, I completed at least one more page before crawling to my bed! I'm getting used to the 12x15 pages now and learning how to best use this size to compliment my layouts. I'm working the way I usually do, just completing the pages and saving the journaling for later. They are pretty plain, but very ME! Since I was feeling so far behind, I decided not to crop my Disney pictures into any shape more complimented than a square or rectangle. This did save time. Now that I'm past that part of the trip, I am allowing myself to crop the photos into shapes. I have finished the first 3 days of our cruise so far! Remember, I took pictures of everything, so this might take awhile!

Tip of the Day: I am always a very strict chronological order scrapbooker. But for trips, I've found that I need to change my rules just a bit. For instance, in my cruise book, I am doing the pages in order of the days, but I started out with us in port, then the lobby of the ship, our room, and then what we did on the ship that first day. I took pictures of all the towel animals we found in our room and will do a 2 page spread of that later. I have always done this with Disney trips, usually having a few pages dedicated to our resort that vacation, and sometimes pictures taken on different days, but from the same park. This works best for me, because I tend to take a picture here and a picture there, and this is the only way to tie them together.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment