All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

First Bike

Who doesn't remember their first bike? Mine was green, well, not just green, this thing was bright green, with a banana seat. I named it the Green Sparkle. I learned to ride it right away, the first day I had it. I can still remember learning how. My Dad had me out in our slanted driveway, and I could ride to the end of it, but had to watch out for the road. I was older than kids that get their first bike these days. I bring this up because my daughter recently got her first bike with her birthday money. She insisted upon a bright pink Princess Bike, that is really tiny! It has training wheels, of course and we bought the matching helmet, elbow pads and knee pads. We took her to an empty parking lot to try it out. It was evening, but still plenty light, just right for taking pictures! I was able to capture that look of sheer determination on her face when she had to step on those pedals with all of her might to get herself over a bump! She was stopping every few minutes to use her new water bottle, and I captured her very first bike induced boo boo as well. These pictures really do hold that night in my memory. She was so proud of herself and I believe the pictures show that. She wore herself out, and that close up of her all flushed and sweaty shows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment