All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, June 16, 2006

Writing the Right way

I always save journaling for last, mostly because I don't know what to say or I'm afraid I will write sloppy and mess up the whole page! Tonight, I buckled down and worked on journaling the past 6 months in my daughter's album. The first thing I did was take the pages I'd created and sit down with a pen and a notebook and write whatever came to mind. Often, I think of more than will fit into the space I have saved for this purpose, and then I need to pare it down. I've found that I make a lot less mistakes if I write it down first. Of course, by the end of the night, I was just writing straight onto the page. But I was also making spelling errors. I keep a dictionary on my scrapbooking table. We rarely get through a workshop without someone needing it! Of course, it only works if you actually look things up! If you do make a mistake, there's always write again strips from CM. I'm going to be using at least 3 of those on pages I did tonight. Everytime I wait this long to journal, I wonder why I did! I hate to show anyone my pages until they are completed and that includes journalling. I also have a bad memory, so I can't recall everything that happened, unless I wrote it down on my calendar. I always think I'll remember! Ha! I can hardly remember my own phone number!

Tip of the Day: The more pens the better! I have every color pen that CM sells, and I use them too! I like to find that perfect color that compliments my page. Here's a secret! Creative Memories pens are changing! They will still be the same pens, but they will be different colors! Remember the pen sets you used to only be able to get from having a party?..... OOPS! I've said too much already!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment