All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Fast and Personal

I recently completed my daughter's 4th birthday party pages very quickly and I wanted to tell you how! I made sure to get a picture of everyone who came to the party. I handed out journaling boxes from one of the storyboxes and asked everyone to write something to my daughter. I made sure to hand out CM pens as well. I gathered them all up and when I got my photos back, I just matched the photos of everyone with their journaling block and laid out the pages. Usually 2 pictures and their matching blocks on each page. Since the boxes come in the storybox kit, it includes papers that match and I used them to easily mat the photos with cooresponding colors. I was surprised at the ease! I simply used princess stickers that went with the colors, using one sticker per page to keep with the theme of the party and I was done in one evening! WOW! It was the fastest I have ever completed one of my daughter's parties in pictures!
Think out side the box! This would be great for a graduation party, wedding shower, baby shower, Over the Hill party, Congratulations or good-bye.

Tip of the day:
* If you really want everything to match, you could hand out journaling boxes that will match what the person is wearing. That was just too much work for me, not that I thought of it until I was scrapping the pictures. However, I didn't have a problem with matching clothes because the storyboxes are so versatile. It was a toss up with using Tuscany or Vineyard, and I ended up using Vineyard this time.
* Another hint, people don't know what you want them to write, so if you have an idea, let them know. Things like, "When she grows up I think she will be..." or "My favorite thing about the birthday girl is..." "My favorite memory of the birthday girl is when we..." "some wisdom I would like to pass along..."

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment