All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, November 06, 2006

Bursting with NEW!

Over this weekend, I was able to complete 14 simple pages of the album I'm working on. It is hard for me to think of ideas for it! This past Friday's cozy workshop was when I completed all of the pages.

I also have been creating a digital scrapbook, but one that I can hold in my hands, and flip through it's pages. It's the new Creative Memories Storybook, and it is going to make my job of scrapping other people's photos obsolete! I'm very happy about that!The Storybook program is relatively easy to use, even for an amateur like myself. I'm not the best at computers! If I didn't love scrapbooking so much, this would be the way to go. It is a lot faster, and the books end up being so much thinner and lighter than an album. Still, there is something thereputic about designing, punching, cutting, cropping and sticking those page elements and pictures on the page with your hands!

I know it feels like spring is really far away right now, but I have already opened up the sign up for the retreat in March! I have gotten a lot of favorable response, and one person signed up yesterday. If you have not been to a workshop, then you don't know a lot of the details about my very first retreat! I'm so excited about it! We will have our own building, which means we can scrap in our pajamas if we so desire! It's about an hour away, on beautiful grounds! It is the most peaceful place. (sigh) Each of us will have our own room and private bath. Each room has access to a balcony or deck. The retreat is from Friday, March 9th and all day Saturday, March 10th, 2007. We will discuss what to do about dinner on Friday later, but all of Saturday's meals will be provided. The retreat houses 9, and since I'm also going, that leaves 8 spaces! It's first come, first going! Once we fill all of the spots, (which I'm sure we will) the option of staying in the dorm style rooms will be there, but you will be in a different building. Reserving your spot in the retreat house is easy! Simply come by and pay the $85 and write your name down. Then you will be paid in full! There will be exclusive gifts given out, and I promise that you will leave with your soul uplifted, memories made and many pages scrapbooked!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment