All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Harvest Party

Yesterday evening, I took my daughter to a harvest party! It was so much fun! I couldn't believe how big it was. Thinking that we would only stay there for a little while, and get home for bedtime, I was greatly mistaken! We were there until closing, and my little one still didn't want to leave!

I took along my video camera, knowing that with all of the running around, it might be impossible to get a good picture of my daughter, and that I could toss whichever pictures didn't turn out, rather than wasting my film. That is exactly what happened, although I did find myself taking even more pictures than normal, knowing that I could pick and choose from the best!

The party had carnival style games, such as basketball, ski-ball, fishing and pick a duck. At each booth, they also gave out candy. They also had candy hidden in a huge amount of leaves, which the kids took turns going through! On top of that, they had air filled giant slides, and bouncy houses, bingo, free food, drinks and funnel cakes, and face painting! They had separate sections for preschoolers and older kids, but since my daughter is 4, she was able to participate in many things. My favorite thing there was the life sized Candyland game! Kids drew giant, colored cards, and moved themselves instead of a token, along a game board by jumping from one colored square to the next! The candy props were higher than my daughter's head! Best of all, near the end, the cards all say to go to the candy house, where of course, the kids pick some candy. Since my daughter was first, I think she felt like she won. It was created in a way to make all the kids playing feel like winners! When I asked my girl what was her favorite thing about the party, the answer was not at all what I expected to hear! She said," Eating chips with you, Mommy."

Editor's note! All these pictures were accidentally erased by my husband with one wrong push of the button! They live on only in my head!

Tip of the Day: Christmas is near! This is the time to beat the rush and get your personalized Christmas cards printed. Sam's club prices look pretty good, and I have used Walmart in the past, and was pleased with both the quality and the value.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment