All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Thursday, November 23, 2006

my invention


When I look back over years of photographs, I realize that the ones I like the best are either close ups or candid moments, when I caught that honest, open moment in time on film. I think that I have become a better photographer. The more pictures I take , the more I learn. I feel as though I still don't totally understand how to use my camera! If only I did! If only I had a camera attatched to my eyes, and I just had to touch my temple to capture the life I'm viewing, with out having to run and miss the moment. I missed one such moment this weekend. While watching the Steeler game with good friends, my daughter begged me to get the nutcracker down from the mantle so that she could show him to everyone. She has this fasination with him, and I think it's because of the Barbie "Nutcracker" ballet movie. So, we took him down to share him, and we noticed that one of our friends has similiar facial features to Mr. Nutcracker! Seriously, we held it up next to his face, and their profiles were nearly identicle! However, by the time I ran upstairs to get the camera and back downstairs, the moment was gone, our friend was embarrassed, and felt badly that we thought his nose was as large as the nutcracker's nose. If only I had the head camera!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment