All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Textured paper


Hey guys! I finished that album, yay! The last 13 or so pages were easy, and I like them a lot more than most of the others. This was a trip album, so the scenery changed often. Still, I found myself using a lot of reds, greens and browns. I managed to use only one full sheet of paper, and a lot of scraps. I probably used one sticker per page, and more on some than others.

Tip of the Day: I am so excited about this one! I wanted to try and design textured paper to match the wood on the one page I was doing for this book. I cut a wide border out of CM paper and used my 12 inch trimmer and multipurpose tool. I laid the paper on the tool, just as I would if I were going to trim it, and I used the multi-tool to follow the groove all the way from the top of the paper to the bottom. (just as I would normally use the blade to cut it, only I used the tool instead, so it merely dented it!) I did this every centimeter, giving the paper a ridged effect. The hard part was adhering it to the page! I found that I needed to use a lot more tape runner to keep it from arching. But it really looks cool! I can see myself experimenting even more in the future!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment