All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

No time to scrapbook!

Running a business, cleaning my house, taking care of my little one, laundry, and my husband's softball games. What do all of these things have in common? They are my reasons for not getting any scrapbooking done this week! But the week is still only halfway gone!

Tip of the Day: I got this tip from my friend, and customer, Dana. Using the CM cutting system, cut a circle out of your page. Obviously, the next page will then show through. You can then place a photo on the next page that you will be able to see through the hole. I did a book for someone of their son's baseball career. I placed his first little league photo on the second page of the book, in the left hand top corner of the page. I cut the facing page, and then continued to cut circles in several pages, so that you could still see his first photo for several pages. Be careful, because after 4 or so pages, you can no longer see through once you have placed page protectors on the pages. I had several of these "Focus Photos" throughout the book, because this book was mostly made up of news articles, and I wanted to keep the photo idea fresh. I did a Mentor theme for his book, so I started the front page with a picture of him and his grandfather, who taught him to play ball, and using several pictures of him with his parents as "Focus Photos" throughout the book.You might want to use the larger size book when using this idea, because it does tend to take up a lot of space on the page.
Scrap Happy!

2 comments:

  1. I was just checking this feature to see if it worked! I've been told that people have had trouble with placing comments. It worked for me! Please pass this BLOG on to anyone you know who might like it! It's depressing to be writing religiously if NO ONE is reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:42 AM

    I really like the hole in the page idea.I think you explained it very well.thanks.cs

    ReplyDelete