All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, July 29, 2005

There's a monster in my scrapbook!

I've been working on my daughter's birthday party pages. Her party theme was Monster's Inc. To both challenge myself and also to add a little cohesiveness to the pages, I have been using the same 4 colors on all of her birthday pages. These are the official monsters Inc. colors, light but bright blue for Sulley, lime green for Mike, and Orange because that seems to be a color associated with the movie! I'm also using hot pink because my girl was wearing bright pink. It is an odd combination, but is turning out to be very appropriate for a birthday party! It also is tying the pages together marvelously! I've been using more letter stickers on these pages as well. They keep it looking less cluttered.
Tip of the Day: I already mentioned creating a theme of some kind for events that have multiple pages. Last year for my daughter's birthday, I created a tag for each page. I used all kinds of tags, small ones, and some more elaborate. I had a lot of fun with it and since it was carrying over onto all the party pages, I didn't have as much trouble coming up with new ideas.
I have a friend who used the same title box for all of her day beginnings on her cruise. She had a rectangle of water colored paper which she secured to the page. Then she used a smaller rectangle of vellum and secured it onto the water paper. Now there is a border of the water paper clearly all around the vellum. She used letter stickers to write the date and location and placed that on the vellum. It looked sooo nice!
Scrap Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:08 AM

    great ideeas. well expressed

    ReplyDelete