All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Vellum Workshop

Friday night at my house was scrapbooking night! We accomplished a lot! Well, MOST of us did! 3 of us stayed up until the wee hours of the morning. The DJ on the radio kept reminding us it was after midnight, and we would groan! I finished laying out the Disney trip, and started to scrap the pages! I was bookin'! I got so much done and it felt great! I am really trying to not make the pages so complicated, because I know that I won't ever get caught up if I do too much. I have been watching to leave adequate space for journaling, too.
We want to have a weekend get away, so that will be my next project! It would be so much fun to have nothing but scrapping on the itinerary for a whole weekend! Spending it with friends would be the icing on the cake!
If you are interested in coming to our get away, please e-mail me!
Keep on scrappin'!

Tip of the Day: We had a crop talk on vellum at this workshop. This prompted one of my friends to use vellum on her page. She had 2 black and white photos of her son, and wanted to put them by themselves on the 12x12 page. But they would have been lost on there by themselves. She had a sheet of patterned paper, but didn't want it to take away from her picture. It was a group effort! We all gave our input and she took what she wanted from our advice and decided to place vellum on the patterned paper, making it softer. All she did was take the patterned paper and size it to the black page so that she left black all the way around the paper. Kind of like a mat. Then she laid the vellum on top of the pattern paper, having cropped it so that there was an even amount of pattern paper showing all the way around the vellum. (Another mat.) Then she placed the 2 pics on, and added just a touch of color with a bucket of sand sticker and a shovel , both off to the inside bottom corner of the page. This way, they draw the viewer's eye in toward the page, and help them to notice the pictures. She added a phrase about dirt, and the page was complete!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment