All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Autumn Layouts


Last year, I made sure to do everything fallish with my daughter that I could. I took her out to play in a pile of leaves, went for walks with her to find the most unusual leaves we could, had her dig the innards out of her pumpkin to make salty pumpkin seeds, and showed her how to make caramel apples! We had a great time, and the proof is in the album! To complete my pages, I opened up a pack of paper (shades of amber) and found that I loved it! The colors were just what I needed, and I liked that there were a few patterned sheets of paper in it. One page I was especially happy with was a page of her making carmel apples and digging out the pumpkin's seeds. I hate to combine the 2 activities, so I separated the page softly by covering half the page in paper. I covered the bottom half of the page, because I wanted it to look like caramel. On the top half of the page, which was still white, I placed the pics of my daughter making and eating the caramel apples. I cut one of the pictures into a circlular shape and matted it in green. I made a stick for this "apple" by cutting it out of paper. I had it just barely being dipped into the caramel of the bottom half of the page! The caramel half was where I did the journaling and placed the pumpkin gutting pictures. I love this page! I need to figure out how to get pictures from my digital video camera onto this blog so that you can see it for yourself!

Here is what I journalled on this page: I really want you to get to experience the different seasons and the fun activities that go along with them! We made pumpkin seeds by taking the seeds out of you and Daddy's pumpkins, soaking them in salty water & baking them. They were too salty, but we still ate them all!

Tip of the Day: Another page element I used last year, was this: I took a picture of a fall leaf and profiled it, cutting all the rest of the photo away, until just the leaf remained. Then I placed the leaf in the middle of the page. It's striking! I actually did this on a 2 page spread, with one leaf in the center for each page. One page was the usual white, while the facing page was black.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment