All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, October 30, 2006

Life and scrapbooking

WOW! I am completely caught up! I have finally journalled my Disney pictures from last December, too! It feels really great! It took me until 5am on Friday night to get it done, but the lack of sleep was worth it! I also whipped out my pumpkin patch pictures. I opened up the perfect fit orange paper, and used the same stickers I had last year. They are the lazer cut harvest stickers, and I love them! I also used one of the gifts from my great gathering (mine was last weekend!) on one of the pages. I used the 12x12 paper from various packs, and completely covered all 5 pages of the pumpkin patch. I have now completed 10 albums for my 4 year old. (gasp!)

Other than that, we had a busy couple of days around this house! We attended an 80's party on Saturday, and that was something I had to capture on film! My friend Ann dyed her hair purple and had it spiked up in the air, all over her head! It was fabulous! I found that as I got dressed for the party, I found myself reverting back to that decade! I immediatly needed a stick of gum, and used words such as "like"and "sike" more often. It was fun to be with friends, having a lipsynk contest and making rinky dinks!

Our last big adventure was my daughter's princess room. My husband has been working on this room for MONTHS! In fact, I just came across the "Before" pictures yesterday! He has done such a great job, really! He's very good at painting. I wasn't really able to help with the labor until recently. He let me do a lot of the finishing decorating. It was nice to be up there working together to complete the room. We just showed it to her tonight, and she was thrilled! However, I found it near impossible to get a picture of her because she was so excited and didn't stay in one place for long enough to capture her on film! This is where the digital camera comes in handy! My husband was able to get some good shots with the video camera, and we looked at them right away, so I know that some of them turned out. As much as I take pictures, I still don't want to blow all of my film and not feel that I have gotten the perfect shot. (Or even a passable one!)

My new scrapbooking project is an album I'm doing for someone else. I hope to complete it pretty fast, as it will only be 30 pages.

Tip of the day: I often will get out of the habit of closing my cutting system blades each time I use them. Two reasons to close up the blades every time you are done using them are: you can get a nasty cut from those sharp blades and you can bend the tip of the blade if you don't have it protected. Both have happened to me. So, take the few extra seconds, and close up your blades!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment