All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Capturing ALL aspects of our life

During my last workshop, I received a call from my neighbor telling me that she had sighted a racoon on my roof! We didn't do much about it except to watch for our dog when we let him out. We have been hearing noises in our crawl space and even in the chimney, but my husband said he couldn't see any openings. So, we did nothing! Late last afternoon, I took the screen out of an upstairs window, to look closer at the roof and chimney. There, watching me, was the cutest little racoon face, just sticking right out of my chimney!!! That was it! I called the library for information (they are my 911) and they gave me a number and we had an appointment for this morning. Well, the Critter Guy was running early and he came, promptly took the racoon out, and had it caged in the yard. But it was a momma racoon, and after 2 hours, he still hadn't been able to get to the nest of babies. He ended up going to his other jobs and leaving the little ones here until he could get back, sometime in the afternoon. He had to take out a brick in our chimney to get those little things out, and he said that ours was the hardest job he'd ever had. Of course I had to photograph the drama unfolding, because this was a big deal to my 3 year old! I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of the racoon peeking it's head out of the chimney, but at the time, that was the last thing on my mind!

Tip of the Day: If you hear something in your chimney, call someone right away, before it has time to make a nest and have babies! It would have saved me a lot of stress, not to mention money!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment