All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Scrapbooking with Friends

Last night, we had more than a workshop; we had a bonding of women! My sister-in-law is here with her baby girl, and she is fussy in the afternoons and into the evening. All evening long, we women passed her around, shushing and swaying, snuggling and burping the poor little thing. Amazingly, we all accomplished album making as well! It was a group of women, working together, giving motherly advice and telling stories of the time our kids did this, or "I heard of this method..." all working towards a common goal, and all the time, it was edifying. I love this about our group of scrapbookers! I don't ever feel disappointed after we meet, like I used to when I scrapped other places. I always feel like I have completed some pages and filled some place inside that only the fellowship and conversation of good friends can fill! Even with the stress of a crying little one, I felt at peace, because I was among friends.

Tip of the Day: I completed 14 pages yesterday!
For an idea on a bowling page, try this: I wanted the page to be girly, so I chose to use pink, both for the bowling ball and the pins. The lane was drawn with a pink pen, with lines wider apart near the bottom left hand side of the page that got smaller as they stretched to nearly the upper right hand side. Don't put it all the way to the top, because you need to leave room for the pins.
Bowling Ball: I used pink ( of course) paper with a bit of a marble look to it, punched a circle with the circle maker and drew 3 dots on it, with a black outline on the dots, just on one part, to give it some shading. I placed it at the widest part of the lanes, down near the bottom of the page.

Bowling Pins: I folded a piece of pink paper so that is was 4 pieces thick and cut the pins out freehand. I just drew two lines (for the rings) around the neck of each in pink, and stuck them at the smaller end of the lane.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment