All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, April 10, 2006

Family togetherness

Today, my little niece was dedicated at church! I was able to take some cute pictures of the new family and our Pastor. I also was able to capture a cute picture of my daughter holding her tiny cousin, and I caught her before she slid off her lap! It was also a special Sunday because it was Palm Sunday! Our church hands out palm fronds, and I got a cute picture of my sister holding my daughter as my sweet little girl swatted her other aunt over the head with her palm frond!
My brother, fresh from Iraq, regaled us with stories of getting smacked by palm fronds still very attatched to the trees as they drove by! Best of all was having the family in church together. I'm telling you the truth, our section of the church sounded good this morning during worship! I miss singing with my family in church.

Tip of the Day: At this last workshop, 3 of us did the same page design on completely different pages, and it worked out great for all of them. The idea is taken from a french style bulletin board. It is a board with ribbons criss-crossing it, and the place the ribbons cross each other is usually secured by a pin. Then you can stick the corners of papers and photos under the ribbon to display them!
Changing this for scrapbooking; We used 1/2 inch thin paper strips and criss-crossed the page with them, all of us using different things instead of the pins at the crossings. I used buttons the first time, one of us used flor'de france for her stay at the Port Orlean's Resort at Disney, and the other used snowflake stickers for her page of her son because it matched his pajamas
.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment