All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Egg hunt

Our annual Easter egg hunt was a little different this year! We always go to Hailey's for the hunt, and dying of the eggs, but this year, we hosted it for the first time! It was fun stuffing the eggs and hiding them. It was really special because this year, Hailey has a little person of her own to hunt for eggs! So, we had the kids hunt, as we ran around videotaping and taking photos of them! My daughter was giddy with excitement! She giggled like a maniac as she raced around the yard gathering many more eggs than her basket could hold, because the baby really didn't get it and as soon as he found an egg, he just sat and tried to chew on it!!! It was great, and when my daughter said," This is fun easter egg huntin' at my house!" I had to run inside to write it down on the calendar exactly the way she said it! As it got darker, we brought the kids in to dye eggs, and that's when the baby decided he had had enough fun and just wanted his bottle and his daddy. My daughter was still having the time of her life, and she hadn't even thought of opening the plastic eggs she had found outside yet. She did most of the dying, and there wasn't a lot to be done, as I only boiled 14 eggs! We can never eat all the eggs we usually dye, and I feel so bad tossing them all out every year! We knew it was time to clean up when she started mixing the cups of dye, and overflowed one of the cups! I was in my picture taking rut, clicking away and only feeling like I had maybe 5 that turned out OK. I hate this!

No comments:

Post a Comment