All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A nod to Vellum

I've been scrapping lately. Hurray, I'm working on my daughter's pictures and I have actually made a huge dent in it! I'm done with Christmas, except for journalling of any kind. I am definately adding that, but I just have to be "in the mood" to journal. I also need to be all by myself, is anyone else like that? The last page I did took me HOURS, literally. I had the idea, but I couldn't see how to create it! I have noticed a trend in magazines and on TV that I wanted to copy on one of my pages. I don't even know how to describe it, but it looks like someone has decorated the actual pictures, but not covering anything important, just the blank spaces around the edges. It has a western feel to it, at least it has in things I've noticed. My main objective was to achieve this look while still protecting the photos. So...I used vellum to make the designs around the photos, and since they are Christmas pictures, I used a snow flake punch. It is impossible to explain, but I will try to get pictures of it on here whenever I finish journaling. I was just a little proud of myself for doing a new idea!

Tip of the Day: I just found out yesterday that a new crop talk is coming out in May and it's ALL ABOUT VELLUM! I'm syked, and can't wait to order it and tear open that pack as soon as it comes and see all kinds of ideas about using vellum! If you don't know, a crop talk is a little lesson I teach at my workshops, and each person gets an idea sheet along with other very helpful hints.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment