All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Easter Memories and traditions

Growing up, I knew the real reason we celebrated Easter. In fact, in my family, we went to church on Easter Sunday, as we did every Sunday. But other than that, we didn't celebrate. We didn't have easter egg hunts and visits from the easter bunny. We very rarely had an easter dinner. I have pictures of us from one Easter when I was in my early 20s, and my boyfriend at the time, now my husband had given me roses. I have pictures of my siblings and our family dressed up, and then a picture of my little brother holding a piece of pizza over half his face, our easter dinner! I remember that Easter was very special, and I loved to steal away to my own little church in the woods, where daffodils grew. Nowadays, I still avoid the Easter bunny, because he is just a distraction of what Easter is all about. My husband and I hide an Easter basket for my daughter, but it's from us. (That is the one thing I missed as a kid!) She has gone on egg hunts, and dyed eggs, but mostly because it was important to my friend Hailey, so she organizes this and invites my girl. I love dressing my daughter up in a special dress, squeezing into our full church, looking at the stained glass windows, and celebrating that my Savior is alive! We have Easter dinner with our families now, both my husband's and mine together. One new tradition I have personally, is watching the Passion of the Christ. I do this prior to Easter, to be in the right mindset. I do it alone, because it's rough and I sob through a lot of the movie. Easter is special to me, a time of new life and new commitments.

Tip of the Day:
Easter page idea:
I have a page of pictures from church one year, and I made an empty tomb for the page and wrote, Jesus is alive! I put some flower stickers right outside the cave. I made the cave with the cutting system, using an oval for the tomb, and cutting the bottom off to make it flat. I made the stone in front of the tomb with the circle punch, and layered the hole it left in yellow. This makes it look like the yellow is in the cave.

Cm has a new pack of stickers that is called Delicate Days. I can't wait to use them this year!

Lambs, flowers, chicks, bunnies, crosses, stained glass, baskets, nests and eggs all work with the Easter theme!


Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment